Why should you seal your Denver Granite countertops? Granite is a very durable material and it is the most used material for countertops, but in order to make it tougher it is advisable to seal its surface.
The sealing stops all liquids from seeping into the surface of the countertop. Even if you do not cook all the time, even small stains from juice or oil can discolor your granite over time. By sealing your countertops you can stop worrying about this.
How to Seal Your Countertops
- Take away everything from your granite countertop. Wash it with hot water and dish detergent and let it dry overnight.
- Next day, clean the surface with a soft cloth to remove dust and small particles.
- Apply the sealer on your countertop and let the granite absorb it for almost half an hour.
- Apply the sealer again, but take a clean, new cloth and rub the surface gently.
- You need to wait two or three hours and then repeat the process.
You should not apply it too often, because over time, it might damage the granite. In order to increase their lifespan, you should seal your Denver granite countertops each year.