Have you bought new beautiful countertops for your kitchen? Make sure you know how to take care of them! Here are five easy things to do to offer them a long, healthy life:
- Clean them daily with warm water, a bit of antibacterial detergent and a clean, soft cloth. This will not only keep your countertops nice and shiny, but will also keep bacteria and germs away.
- Do not scratch them with sharp objects like knives or abrasive materials. Do not panic: granite will not break and is probably tougher than most things you have in your kitchen, but cutting on it will leave scratches that will make it look old and will allow liquids or aliments to sneak in, making it difficult to keep clean.
- Do not let stains grow old and dry: you will have to use abrasive materials and scratch your countertop (it is a vicious circle).
- Check the certificate from the wholesale builder supplies provider; it comes with instructions on how to take care of granite.
- Use a sealer that protects the stone (usually, they are coated in such a solution but it has to be renewed periodically).
Buy and Build has a great selection, and is a must see.